Workers’ compensation insurance can help protect your business and employees
What Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation insurance (also known as workman’s comp insurance) provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries or illnesses including medical care, wages from lost work time, and more. Workers’ compensation insurance covers a deceased worker’s family with a financial benefit as well. If a worker’s family decides to sue the company, it can also help cover the related legal fees.
Workers’ compensation insurance can help protect your business and employees in events such as these:
- An employee slips on ice, injures himself while walking up the stairs to the office, and requires an emergency room visit and weeks of recovery time.
- An employee injures her back lifting a box of printer paper and requires a doctor’s attention, medication and physical therapy.
- An employee returning to the office from visiting a client is injured in a car accident and requires hospitalization.
With workers’ compensation insurance, The Hartford will help pay for the medical expenses needed to treat these job-related injuries and illnesses. Workers’ compensation will also help employees keep their income while they take time off to recover from an injury.
How Does Workers’ Comp Insurance Work?
When employees suffer a work-related injury or illness, The Hartford Workers’ Compensation Insurance protection helps cover wages and medical benefits and gives them access to experienced, caring professionals at every step of their recovery.
We have programs designed to support companies, promote employee safety and well-being and help get personnel back to work as soon as reasonably possible; or if necessary, to other transitional work, and possibly training for new skills. If an employee can’t return to work, the coverage can provide a long-term benefit.
The advantages of workman’s comp insurance from The Hartford include:
- Preferred Medical Provider Network: Employees can tap into our nationwide network of more than one million providers experienced in treating workplace injuries.
- Prescription Drug Features: More than 65,000 participating pharmacies throughout the US are available to fill prescriptions, usually with no out-of-pocket expense to the injured worker. The convenience of mail order service is just a phone call or click away.
- Nursed Back to Health: The Hartford provides highly experienced nurse case managers to help coordinate care and treatment along with physical, emotional and occupational therapies.
- Pay-as-You-Go Billing Solutions: Our pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation insurance billing solution bases premium payments on actual payroll, which can help you manage cash flow and reduce audit surprises.